DCWEEK 2012 will provide $10,000 in total grants to area artists. The festival is seeking creative physical installations that fuse technology, data, visual arts/design, and/or interactive elements that express the Ford brand in some form. Use this forum to submit your proposed concepts and promote your entry. The parameters are as follow:
- Grant sizes will range from $500 to $3,000.
- Entries must be submitted by 5pm on 9/14. Grants will be announced by 5pm on 9/17.
- Entries will be judged by the DCWEEK producers according to the following criteria:
- Expresses the Ford brand in a compelling way
- Have a technology component
- Can be installed during the DCWEEK Conference on 11/8 and/or at the Closing Party on 11/9
- The artist is from the DC Region
- The work is able to be 100% owned by DCWEEK auctioned during/post DCWEEK 2012
- All grantees work will be owned by DCWEEK once commissioned and completed as they will be auctioned for charity or installed permanently in a Ford/DCWEEK location.
- Artists will have roughly 6 weeks to complete the commissioned work. 50% of funds will be provided upon award, and 50% upon completion.
- Commissioned artists are welcome to source other sponsors/funders for their project with the stipulation that Ford be the only brand expressed by the work itself
- Please submit any supporting documents to your Entry via firstname.lastname@example.org and reference your submission in those documents by including a link to http://dcweek.uservoice.com/forums/174184-dcweek-artist-grants/YOUR-ENTRY-LINK
DCWEEK reserves to the right to add or subtract grant money to the pool and reject any submissions for any reason.
A full overview of DCWEEK 2012 can be found here: http://www.scribd.com/doc/78406384/DCWEEK-2012-Overview